Who We Serve
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, and familial status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).
We serve all community members within our 8-parish service area.
The support of the police juries in each of these 8 parishes is crucial to our success. Many of these police juries nominate a Trailblazer R C & D Board of Directors member, also. The links below provide access to the websites of the police juries which are so crucial to our success.
Our Current Projects
- We offer FREE Entrepreneurial Training workshops to all residents of our 8-parish service area! Call to find out when our next workshop will be!
Water Quality Education
- Trailblazer biologist Olivia Ward offers FREE educational programs on water quality and also water testing, conservation, and improvement planning services to our communities. Call or email us to find out more!
Community Leader Forums: Whitetail Deer Management expert, David Moreland
- You never know what local expert Trailblazer may be hosting for a speaking engagement! Most recently, David Moreland, a 31-year veteran of the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, spoke to a Trailblazer audience about deer management. Check back often to find out what’s on the schedule!
The Big Event
- As part of the USDA Outreach to the underserved, Trailblazer has sponsored The Big Event annually at Grambling University to offer often-underserved community members educational materials, speakers, and connections to services they might not be aware are available to them. Our Entrepreneurial Training continues to serve these community members, along with the entire community, throughout the year.
Twenty-five years of service
- BOD contact information is included here.
- Winn 4H Forestry Awareness Day.
- Claiborne Parish Water Fest @ Lake Claiborne State Park
- 2009-2014 BTF and Trailblazer are working to identify solutions to help fight Lake Bistineau's
- Sarepta Branch Library summer student program - 2:00 p.m. (all welcome)
- Home Sewer Educational Workshop @ South Bossier